Monday, December 29, 2008

Post-joytastic

Ah. Back to the grind.

The holidays were nice, I must admit. Christmas Eve meant dinner with my housemate's folks, her brother and his girlfriend, and her husband and baby. They are the coolest people in that they have me in like their own family. Those type of people are hard to come by...

Christmas day I woke up late, watched the Yule Log show while I did some writing; helped myself to an after noon nip at the cooking sherry, then headed to the movie theater with my brother to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. With it being sold out, we resorted to watching The Spirit. Don't be fooled by the stylized commercials; that film is godawful. Don't waste your money.

I went back to work on Boxing Day, 'til 1:00 pm - our last of the last out-of-work-early Fridays. At its end I went home, wrapped presents (for our gift exchange to take place on Sunday), and made plans with my folks to head to Disneyland on Saturday at 7:00 am. They didn't arrive until 11:00 am. I was pissed, but by the time dinner came to a close at 8:30 pm and I had to leave, I was sorry to have to go.

Sunday's gift exchange resulted in a vintage HUSTLER t-shirt, a book on vicarious living, a bike light (with seven settings!) and bread mixes for me to bake this winter. Very satisfying. Sunday also had the nerve to test the limits of my patience towards my relationship with my boyfriend, but that led to a concerted making up session, and, well... the satisfaction that comes with that can never be argued with.

And here I am at my desk, on Monday morning. My younger brother and folks are still at the Happiest Place on Earth, and will be there until New Year's Eve. My boyfriend and his mother are heading to Oceanside and San Clemente Pier today. As for me, handholder and faux pas therapist, I'm looking forward to 5:00 pm, when I will be pedalling on home and settling in for the evening.

I'm so glad this will be yet another short week.

Our office won't be observing another holiday until Memorial Day.

No comments: