Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wine, woman, and gall

This weekend turned out a lot better than expected...

I'd intended on spending the better of the weekend with my boyfriend, but due to impromptu sickness on his end and an impending final on mine, it was decided that it'd be best that I stay home. Needless to say I was rather bummed. I recall heading home from work on Friday wanting to punch a wall, but eh - what are ya gonna do? That evening I studied, and watched the dog while my housemates headed to an annual corporate Christmas party. Saturday afternoon was full of studying as well, and a fair brunch at a kitschy eatery in Studio City. More studying occurred until I got an email follow-up about a Garden Party in Hollywood that I wasn't going to be able to attend, but since I was home I made sure to re-jump on the chance. EXITMUSIC was the band, and they are indeed a good listen. Incidentally I'll be writing about the experience shortly on BeatCrave, so be sure to check it out in the next coming days...

After the show I figured I'd go for dinner, perhaps at Fred 62 or somewhere else up Vermont, so I called my friend Erik, who was at a houseparty of sorts in his building. The gist of it ended up being that the party would start on the top floor, and would make its way steadily downward to the bottom floor. The building is four floors - I made it to floor two, and therefore made it through shots of tequila, mulled wine with cloves, a tequila sunrise, mojitos, sangria, and pseudo-white russians. I memory-banked a lot of new faces, and emitted sounds of amusement at each pit stop; however, my mind had the decency to black out when we got back to his apartment. I found it comforting upon waking this morning to be half-naked in bed with an old flame and know out of mutual respect there would be no residual nether-region soreness as the day would go along. It wasn't long afterward that my liver and brain began to hate me - until about noon today, until I quelled the resulting headache and nausea with poached eggs & salmon a la Madame Matisse.

This afternoon, I grocery-shopped in NOHO, walked home, and studied.

Not a bad weekend, for being completely and totally off-the-cuff.

No comments: