Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Angry.

I bought a new computer last November. A beautiful Dell XPS, perfect hard drive space, easy functionality. Absolute perfection, until it began crash dumping me earlier this year. When getting files for an album I would have like to have reviewed what seems like eons ago (more like more than a week), my memory crashed in such a way that I can't start up my computer. AT ALL. My short story due tomorrow afternoon was on that computer, and I didn't get to email it to myself before it crashed. I worked my ass off on that assignment, and every other assignment, whether professional or academic. My music/work is on that computer. My brand-new computer = a piece of shit (which thankfully is still under warranty). I am angry about that.

A few weeks ago, the insurance company that I work for eliminated my job title. But I'm still a licensed auto insurance agent, so why not put me into the general queue for calls? The system is so regimented and without room for leeway and I'm pretty much shackled to my desk from day break to twilight. Today, I made it through the third layoff in less than six months. I am angry about that.

I feel rather isolated from my family because of where I'm apportioning my time. I am angry about that.

I feel thrown off from my schedule and don't even know what I should be working on. I am angry about that.

I really want to go to bed, but I can't afford it. I am angry about that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sister. there's no need to be so angry. just resign yourself to the shitty life you live like the rest of us. but go one step further like me and immerse yourself into the shit, letting it permeate every iota of your being. always remember these hateful moments, reliving them day after day, reminding you of your dream of a better life. then when you turn the corner and bask in the warm sunshine of success, you will savor it like no one else can possibly comprehend, because for you the memory of the shit life you pulled yourself out of is only moments behind you at any given time.

Liz said...

Thanks, you.