Saturday, September 20, 2008

Don't wake me

Yesterday was a good day. The afternoon was even better, although I can't help but feel that when I actually attempt to convey a wonder of mine with honesty that I've botched the evenflow of whatever, and ever; amen. I'm so critical of self. I've traded a lot of bad self-views and perceptions for good ones, but that one in particular I can't shake. When it comes to audible words, my body, my skin, and all-around type in relative comparison - eh - confidence wanes. But I have a feeling I'm far from the exception.

In an exercise involving years of acquired ambiguity, I'll just say that it's hard to not keep self from feeling something that you would love to dive head-first into, even if it would last just a moment. Not out of any respect to our society's view of the conventional relationship, by any means, but in relation to individuals and their views. My track history shows that I give more glory to people/places than should be given, so it's more than likely an indelible trait I won't get rid of in this lifetime. But at least i recognize that's all it is.

So, I slept in until 7:30 am.
I don't have to be anywhere until 11:30.

That - spells relief.

No comments: