Friday, September 12, 2008

Lazing on a Friday afternoon

I enjoy getting Fridays off early from my day job. If it were any other day but today, I'd have nearly two hours left of playing corporate Mother, makeshift therapist, and all-sorts defuser to anyone who reached my extension. I was talking with my friend last night [for a longer time than realized] about how I need to have faith in myself to feel better about the things that stress me out. We both agreed that I need to learn how to relax. I know how to relax, but my horoscope from Free Will Astrology advised me of something somewhat interesting:

"Writing in the magazine sub-TERRAIN, John More makes the following declaration: "Captains of industry, great generals, artists of genius, even politicians, are often just people who have discovered that alcohol can enable them to make economic, tactical, creative, or political decisions whose implications would paralyze a sober individual." Your assignment, Capricorn, is to find an alcohol-free way to make such a decision. It's time for you to summon visionary courage from your soul, not from a bottle, as you catalyze complex blessings that will ripple through your future for a long time."


Good points, but blah blah blah. I don't drink a lot. A two-liter of Stoli lasts me a good two months. I think the sole reason I drink is to slow my mind the fuck down. I'm analyzing and wondering at every moment of the day: "Hmm, coffee stains on my desk"; "If I have chocolate pudding at 3pm, then I must say no to soy ice cream later on"; "Why did I buy this InTouch?"; "Must clean and exercise before Steven comes over"; "Must do some writing this weekend"; "Shit, I didn't clean out the cat box" - etc., et cetera, and so on. At the end of my day I've done everything that I can fit in - but somehow my brain won't shut up.

Therefore: music, white noise machine, television, or Stoli in moderation. I'm a lush with most things but downers.

So that's my brain, in a braincase nutshell. The same brain that is anticipating Halloweentime at Disneyland on September 26th. I am so excited. While walking from work to class yesterday afternoon I waltzed on by the to-be pumpkin patch, whose yellow leaves will soon lead to bright orange pumpkins before long. What would Linus do?

Reminds me: last year I watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown while at the Bob Hope Airport heading to New York. I'm due for another trip in two months; best purchase a ticket before time inches closer and prices inch higher. Autumn in New York - I don't think there's a better time.

It takes very little to please the hell out of me.

No comments: