Monday, January 19, 2009

Coming down off of a cloud

While my birthday weekend has come to a close, birthday season is far from over. Tomorrow is my friend's birthday, and towards the end of the month there is to be at least one more get together of comrades and such. But this entry is to highlight the events that took place over the last few days - in singular word/phrase form only, and likely with an abrupt ending.

driving up PCH towards Point Mugu Naval base
driving down PCH, pit-stopping at Paradise Cove
pineapple mango margaritas, crabcakes, and seared ahi
warm wooden chairs on the beach for hours
one pound of See's Candies Nuts & Chews
napping in dark sheets under a glow of red [curtains]
a custom-built specialized road bike ZOMG
stuffed grape leaves on a mediterranean plate
a birthday cake with 24 candles
and then the sun rises
25 miles around the lake on the road bike
the essence of warm water and almond hemp soap in my hair
sandwiches at the park with the chosen family and the baby
'good lovin'; I've got a truck load'
16-20 miles 'round Los Angeles with the alternative cycling community
twinkling rear lights coasting up and down hilly streets
jumping rope in the park with a messload of beer-infused youth
and then the cops came
home
sleep
heat-drunkeness at Fred 62 over coffee, Stacey, and conversation
pancakes with white cream and strawberries
afternoon delight with Hollywood
and twilight conversation in the Valley
"House",
leftovers,
Steven,
and sleep

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what the hell? stacy gets a mention but not me? are you ashamed of me?

Liz said...

Hah!

I knew that'd inspire a comment! :)

Unknown said...

I don't recall Stacy driving you around town.

Liz said...

And I thank you again... your having offered a ride was very cool. I really appreciate it. I don't know if you were as heat-drunk as I was, but as accustomed as I am to walking everywhere, it really was cool of you.

C'mon; I only mentioned her because she was on your mind. Lists are fleeting, but potential friends are for...however long. :P

Seriously though. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Die.

:)