Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pre-birthday celebration

In my world, January is the month where a everyone has their birthday... coming along so soon after the holidays, it can be monetarily taxing and difficult to get everywhere and appease everyone, so a mutual friend threw four ladies (myself included) a joint birthday party at his loft in Pasadena. There were familiar faces, good nibblies, and cupcakes with candles. Fun stuff; afterward, we headed to NeoMeze to dance. I haven't been dancing in a few years, so it was just --- nice to be out with friends, wearing a swishy dress, and getting some well-deserved blisters on my feet from wearing heels. At a quarter after 1am, we headed back to the foothills, looking for the perfect fast food to soak up the alcohol bound to bite my ass in the morning. And after making safe passage through the front door to his living room, I found myself on the black leather couch, peeling gold-and-bronze straps from around my ankles, and apportioning fries and burgers while settling in to A Clockwork Orange until 3:00 am. Lovely. My birthday isn't until next Friday, but in cases like this, "a bit premature" is never a bad thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aha! So it's Friday. Sorry if I was to assume that from your email. FYI, you will be called at midnight. Oh ho ho! Be ready!