Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Those summer nights

Today: not all the coffee in the world was able to cut through the fact I was not to think my own thoughts for eight hours (other than "Oh God, please make it stop"), at all.

This evening: I had made advance plans to have the rear wheel of my road bike repaired by my younger brother and his fixie friend , but my mood was in a sucky place. Nothing sounded better than ordering in orange chicken & steamed rice, and catching up on Swingtown. When I got home, though, I readied self for company -and as a result, the rear wheel is fixed. As payment I took brother and friend out to dinner and gave them bus fare for the ride home, despite personal, predicted bi-monthly dwindling of funds.

Having my bicycle fixed is the best thing to have happened lately, as riding it every day tends to be as beneficial to my mood as sex. With both now functioning and operational, the rest of the day doesn't really stand a chance.

No comments: