Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're alive

It's so interesting the things you can realize as time passes on. Years, months, weeks, days, minutes, seconds. Seriously. Time is a gift in that - should the beholder be open enough - it allows perspective and knowledge and understanding to kick in. It allows change to occur, people to grow up, hands to be thrown up and feet to keep walking in the opposite direction. It's a gift to be fully appreciated, or so it has been in the last few years. No matter how raw emotion can still be after dead and gone past situations, I am thankful for time. By way of experience (work, relationships, education, family), I have gotten better with time. People in my life bearing closed personages have come and gone. This generation, space, and time have allowed me to be and remain open, so I can only assume I will get even better.

This weekend has been fulfilling. With it being work-free, I was able to relax, to sleep off pervading moods, to hydrate, energize, and be for a while. The best part so far has to have been - not my friends simulating how to use the exercise ball in our living room for better gravitational positioning, if you know what I mean, but - finally getting my nephew's occular attention, as he loves to take in everything visually. This evening he stared at me with his deep, dark brown eyes, wide and clear, expecting more funny faces and wriggling of my eyebrows. He smiled at me. Totally and fully.

His reaction has attributed to one of the best feelings in my world so far.

No comments: