Monday, November 10, 2008

Afterglow

It's been an off few days - not in a horrid sense, just that I've been putting things off pseudo-irresponsibly. In getting lost in the days after the election (a wonderful, wonderful event in watching McCain and Palin relatively disappear from my TV screen), enjoying the weekend - pretty much drinking beer and getting together with family and friends - culminating with Bats Day at Disneyland yesterday (with pictures possibly to come), it was bound to happen - but I'm getting my act together, putting together a review for the Luke Mulholland Band (a very kickass young talent).

Steven had the opportunity of meeting the members of my family who mean the most - sister Jessica, brother-in-law Craig, nephew Matthew, father Michael, brother Joey. The whole experience really meant the world to me, and I'm not lying when I say that the most potent aphrodisiac is how well your significant other gets along with your family - especially when it's an event you never thought would take place due to prior attempts gone wrong. As a result, after two years of dating, my boyfriend got a taste of a rather voracious appetite unearthed from months past. Nothing says thank you quite like many concerted moments of [insert joyful noise here].

I'm leaving for New York this Friday from Burbank airport. I love taking off from there, getting a glimpse of Universal City while watching the lights on the hills alongside the 101 get smaller and smaller, and I await the captain's OK to start flipping through the TV channels. I did a load of shopping this evening after work - sweaters, shoes, toiletries, etc. All I have to secure is a sturdy piece of luggage, tote my cats on over to my folks' house, and work like hell on a take-home statistics exam. This is also the weekend that my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew move to Nebraska. I just don't want them to leave, but the potential of buying a house and raising a family out there is a lot more likely than it is in smoggy, congested Southern California. That's why I have to become filthy rich: so I can put a down payment on a house for all those that I love, so they'll never be forced to move - or ... well, there's this ivy-covered building on a street off of Highland, just north of Franklin, and since I was nineteen I've entertained a wonderful pipe dream that'll never come to fruition. Ah, this mind. It makes room to be a good writer.

All the more reason to get back to working on the CD review I hope to finish by 11pm.

No comments: