Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New York: Day 5

(borrowed from my LiveJournal)

Omigosh, it's cold outside. And inside.

We went to Greeenwood Cemetery today, and only made it a few hours - my feet are still frozen. But it was wonderful and serene, until it got unbearingly cold. It's apparently 35 degrees, but according to weather.com it feels like 29 (that would be about right). And unfortunately, the heat won't be coming on tonight, so I'll be in my coat and sneakers throughout the evening.

There's this roof down below that developed a pool of water from saturday's rainfall... that pool has now frozen. We could go ice skating if wanted to.

I've been having a fun time, though. I've already gone to the Museum of Natural History, walked through Central Park, had a good evening with friends, and thought about riding a bike around town (idea quickly scratched). Tomorrow, am planning on going 'round Union Square way to Filene's Basement, The Strand, Virgin Megastore... perhaps it'll be market day and I can pick up some goodies. Friday I'm planning on going to the Met, and Kalutzyan's spice shop for loose teas and such (it's such a friggin' highlight; I'm looking forward to it, okay?), and then Saturday... we shall see. I leave Sunday.

Yeah. If it weren't for four adults and a baby (not mine), I'd consider not coming home.

I always say that.

No comments: