Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home again

Can you tell that I didn't want to leave New York?

I love the city, always. The state, definitely. But it's my brother that makes my visits. If I were visiting him in Bumf*ck, NE, it would still be a treat. I miss him like -- well, like the deserts miss the rain.

A little belated, but I am thankful for the following:

my cats, Chloe and Alice
my chosen family (including squid)
my brothers Joshua and Joel, and sister Jessica
my nephew Matthew
my brother-in-law Craig
my folks
warm blankets
my bed
having a place to live
my developing sense of style
being able to write for the semi-masses
text messages
Gmail
JetBlue
my video iPod
black eyeliner
an operable transit system
the History channel
having a savings account
flip-flops
electricity
running water
libraries
this website
this one, too
specialty grocery, spice, & tea shops
200 canal street
Target super stores
higher education
"Yes We Can"
candied ginger
sales sales sales
the five senses

and everything in between

I hope it was a happy Thanksgiving (or day off, or weekend) for everyone.

No comments: