Sunday, November 2, 2008

Twelve days left

You read correctly; twelve more days until I'm on a plane heading out to New York for a week and a half - so so excited. I supposed that my very less-than-thrilled mood has been a gift bestowed upon me by the universe, because I tend to look forward to things so much that once in the moment I tend to not find it at all as interesting as I'd imagined or experienced it to be before. Not just that, but the little day-to-day things that used to take the edge off do maybe a quarter of what they used to do, if that. I really feel that the hugest portion of my life has reduced my role to Glorified Distant Relative - except that I don't have money to remedy the situation, and I don't have time to care (in the corporate sense). "Take care of it your own damned self" is what is perched on my lips at all times, but at the penalty of a sans-severance scenario I wear my employee badge with only mild abhorrence. So to be soon allowed a week-and-a-half without time cards and Monday-thru-Friday frivolity is all I could ever want, at least before Christmas (when at that time I'll be wanting a day trip to the snow, and an external hard drive). The one thing I will look forward to while out in New York will be the spending of hours upon hours in museums, and dinner dates with my brother. Everything other than that will just be a bonus.

In other news, I'm pretty certain that my motherboard is shot. Perfect.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bleh.

i should have called you on Saturday for coffee. i was over at the cinema du lux (or whatever it's called) screening Madagascar 2. it would have been nice to pass the time with a friendly face instead of almost running out of gas sitting in the most ungodly traffic.

on the upside, i did get to see my first Los Angeles carsplosion on the freeway.

Liz said...

Carsplosion, heh. It's so Hollywood-backlot disaster scene every time. I remember once a hell of a long time ago being below red on the 405, inching towards the Sepulveda exit. It was murder. I hate traffic. Road rage so bad that I'm pissed while riding the bus.

How did the screening go?

Unknown said...

screening was good. packed with kiddies, but they weren't obnoxious. that might be bad for the film, actually. that means it didn't really connect. alas.

i don't know if it's me and my racial sensitivities, so let me get your opinion. marty, the zebra, is voiced by chris rock. marty's dilemma in the movie is that all the zebras look the same and they all have this natural athletic ability. it raised my eyebrow. am i crazy?

Liz said...

Definitely not crazy, methinks. Hah, that's funny. Thank goodness Chris Rock is voicing Marty; if not, then I'd really be raising my eyebrow.

I'm so desensitized. I'm a bad human, but a great consumer.