Friday, November 21, 2008

New York, Day 7

Went to Kalustyan's today - bought an assortment of loose teas (moroccan mint, thai tea, and evening comfort [ginger & peppermint blend]), mint chocolate malted milk balls, medjool with "almonds" coconut & sugar, zaatar bread, and pistachio nougat.

Then I went to the Met, where I heavily perused the Roman and Greek art, and the European Sculpture courtyard. I love watching the artists do sketchwork of the various breathtaking pieces. It's all so incredible, skylights and all.

For the second time this week there was a forced detour on the subways (due to routine maintenance and police investigation), but I was able to maneuver and make it back to the abode - unscathed, but with knowledge on how to function by way of an alternative method, and without having to call a car. I owe it in part to being somewhat transit-savvy back home in Los Angeles. Which reminds me: when I get back to LA, I should probably find time to update this blog - it's been almost four weeks. I owe it to relative stresses piled so far up on each other that they finally collapsed. . . and it took a week(plus)-long vacation to get things settled.

When I come back home on Sunday, I'll have Monday off from work (day job; writing will resume).
I'll be in my cubicle on Tuesday.
Wednesday through Sunday, I will not.

Vacation (unplanned!) part two.

But for now (this evening), my brother and I will be going to the Russian & Turkish baths. . . maybe I'll splurge for a massage, but the regular treatments sound wonderful right about now.

No comments: